Your privacy is important to us. Snow Unlimited is committed to protecting your personal information.
Snow Unlimited understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to doing everything we can to safeguard your personal information.
We will never sell or share your personal information to any third party for their own marketing purposes.
The purpose of this policy is to outline how Snow Unlimited has established measures to protect your privacy and information rights. We adhere to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
- How we collect your information
- How we use your personal information
- Disclosing your information
- Data Security, Storage and Retention
- Your personal data rights
- Contacting us
- Changes to this Policy
How we collect your information
We will collect your personal data by specifically asking for relevant information to support your enquiry and booking process so that we can provide you with a fully customised tailor-made holiday quotation. This can be when you contact us in writing, by phone, by email or when you submit any contact form on our website or social media channels. Typically, we collect information from you when you:
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Make an Enquiry
- Request a call back
- Request a Quotation
- Make a Booking
- Submit a contact form
- Enter competitions or promotions
- Complete a holiday questionnaire
- Take part in any other forms of customer feedback such as providing reviews/testimonials
Information you can expect us to collect
We aim to keep the information we collect about you to the minimum required to fulfill our requirements. We may collect all or some of the information outlined below for each member of your holiday group for the purposes of preparing your holiday quotation and fulfilling contractual obligations when you book:
- Names and contact details (including date of birth/age, postal address, email address, telephone numbers)
- Payment Information (including credit card details or other payment information)
- Special requirements (including dietary requirements or health conditions that may affect your holiday arrangements)
- Passport details
- Travel Insurance details
How do we use your personal information
We use your personal information to process your enquiry and booking. Your personal information could be used in the following ways:
Processing your booking: We will use the names and details of those in your holiday group to pass on to the providers of the services that make up your travel arrangements, which may include flights, transfers, hotel, ski school, ski hire suppliers and any other relevant ancillary products provided to you. Put simply, we need certain information about you and your party to enable us to fulfill the contractual obligations when you make a booking.
To communicate with you about your booking: We’ll need to contact you using the information you provide to give you information relevant to your arrangements. For example, we will use your postal and email address to send you confirmations, reminders and itinerary documentation as appropriate.
To comply with our legal obligations: In certain circumstance we will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations. For example we might need to use your information in relation to any legal disputes, regulatory, compliance or criminal investigations or if necessary to enforce our rights. For example, where determined by government authorities it may be necessary to disclose your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine to be appropriate.
Consent: You may be asked to consent to us sending you marketing and promotional material. When you consent to it, we will use your personal information to personalise marketing information, run promotions and/or showcase products and services which we think may be of interest to you. These will be sent to you via email. You can always withdraw your consent at any time by simply unsubscribing – just follow the unsubscribe link in the promotional email and its done.
Disclosing your information
In certain circumstances we may share the information you provide with organisations outside of Snow Unlimited. The third parties who we might share your information with include:
- Service Providers: Where you make a booking we will have to share your information with our suppliers to ensure that they have everything they need to fulfill your holiday requirements. Due to the nature of our business it may be necessary for your data to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore it may not be subject to the same level of controls as required by GDPR compliance. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is handled appropriately by our suppliers.
- Third party support services: Where we provide information to certain third party technology providers for the purposes of monitoring web-site performance, live chat, email marketing and payment processors they will only have access to relevant information as required to perform their agreed functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose.
- Law enforcement: We will disclose personal information as it is required by law or where we believe it is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of potentially criminal acts
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge any or all parts of our business and/or our assets. If a change happens to our business then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as intended in this privacy notice.
Data Security, Storage and Retention
We have put in place appropriate procedures and security features to minimise the risk of your personal data being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information, no information transmitted over the internet or stored electronically can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information to us at your own risk.
We will never sell or share your personal information to a third party for their own marketing purposes.
We do not hold your credit card details and these are only held by the payment provider/merchant service that we use.
We will retain your personal data for only as long as it is necessary for the uses set out in this Privacy notice and /or to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. As such, Snow Unlimited will hold your personal data for up to seven (7) years from our point of last contact. After this period we will securely erase all personal data. If data is needed for business analysis purposes after this period (eg analytical and/or historical data for legitimate business purposes) we will take appropriate action to anonymise the information used.
If you prefer, you can disable cookies on this site. This is done through your browser settings. You can also choose to have your browser notify you each time a cookie is being sent. We suggest you navigate to the Tools/Options/Help menu in your browser and take a look at the Cookie and Site option in the Privacy and Security tab. You can choose to block cookies, however it should be noted that this may have an impact on our ability to provide some online services to you.
Links to other web-sites
Our web-site may contain links to web-sites that are operated by other organisations that have their own privacy notices. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for web-sites of other organisations. Please read their website terms and conditions and relevant privacy and cookie policies before providing any personal information on their site.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested we may not be able to plan, or confirm your booking or provide all of the product and services for your travel arrangements.
Your Personal Data Rights
You always have the right to review the personal information that you have provided that we keep about you. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we are keeping about you by submitting a Data Subject Access Request to the email address below
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information that we hold about you corrected
- Ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time by sending a request by email or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any marketing emails that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please submit your request to the Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com and entitle the email with the heading ‘data subject access request’. We will deal with any such request in accordance with the relevant UK Data Protection laws.
Please note it is our policy to charge the statutory maximum fee of £10 for each subject access request.
For more information about your rights under General Data Protection Regulation, or to lodge a complaint, go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk
Last updated: January 2019